Firebird adapter HELP???????

Hi Rick,

I actually asked the same question a while ago Rails + Firebird 2.1.x - Rails - Ruby-Forum. And as you can see there was no answers for that. But, after some trial and error I managed to get it to work.

Before I posted the thread asking for help, I went through the following tutorial Mariuz's Blog: Installing Firebird Active Record driver for Ruby, but I did not get it to work, and that is when I got that error message. But, I found out what was missing.

I installed it under Ubuntu Linux, and first I made sure that libfbclient.so was in /usr/lib. In other words, if you installed from the repository, then make sure that you install firebird-dev. I always install from the archives.

Next, you do the following:

1) install fb-0.5.9 2) install fb_adapter 3) go to the folder where fb-0.5.9 is (in my case it is under /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/fb-0.5.9), and do a sudo make install. That should install fb-0.5.9.

That's it, you can now follow the rest of the tutorial from

Migrations aren't yet working.

Good luck!

Fidel.

Sorry, wrong link. Here is the correct one

All the best,

Fidel.

Thanks for sharing the knowledge, you're a life-saver.

Best regards, Rick

No problem. I am working on the code to add support for migrations, and will share that as well soon. Right now, I am able to do some migrations, but I still have to do a fair bit of testing. I am not really a Ruby expert, so it takes a little more time, because I have to read about certain features.

Anyway, I will share after I finish.

All the best,

Fidel.