file_column plugin: get undefined method 'file_column' error

I've install the 'file_column' plugin properly following instructions from the Rails Cookbook and other sources on the web. The file_column files are located under vendor\plugins\file_column. I then add this to my controller:

file_column :photo1

where photo1 is the column in my table that will hold the image.

then in my views I have a multipart form that has functionality to upload the image: <p><label for="table_photo1">Photo</label><br /> <%= file_column_field "table", "photo1" %></p>

I restarted my webserver, but every time I try to connect to the view with that multipart form I get the error: "undefined method 'file_column' for <<mycontrollername>>::Class

RAILS_ROOT: /MyApp/config/... #{RAILS_ROOT}/app/controllers/mycontroller.rb:5 /usr/bin/monrel_rails:16 in 'load' /usr/bin/mongrel_rails:16

Line 5 in mycontroller.rb is where I use the call to 'file_column :photo1'. It's like the plugin is not really getting loaded even though it is sitting in my plugin directory. There are a ton of threads on the web about this problem ... but I haven't found a solution yet. Any thoughts out there would be *greatly* appreciated!! I really want to see this work!

Thanks in advance! Leah

LAB wrote:

I've install the 'file_column' plugin properly following instructions from the Rails Cookbook and other sources on the web. The file_column files are located under vendor\plugins\file_column. I then add this to my controller:

file_column :photo1

where photo1 is the column in my table that will hold the image.

The "file_column :photo1" line should go in your "Table" model, not in the controller.

GENIUS! :wink: Thanks!