Error using named routes with resource routes?

I have a simple app -- essentially just restful_authentication at this point. I have the following in my routes.rb:

map.resources :attendees   map.resource :sessions

# nice named routes   map.signup '/signup', :controller => 'attendees', :action => 'new'   map.login '/login', :controller => 'sessions', :action => 'new'   map.logout '/logout', :controller => 'sessions', :action => 'destroy'   map.activate '/activate/:activation_code', :controller => 'attendees', :action => 'activate'

My tests all work OK, and functionally this seems to be working...I can signup, activate, log in and log out.

When I use the named routes I created (eg localhost/signup) I do get the correct page routed, but I also get an error in the log:

/!\ FAILSAFE /!\ Sat Nov 07 17:09:34 -0800 2009   Status: 500 Internal Server Error   PROPFIND, accepted HTTP methods are get, head, put, post, delete, and options     C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.4/lib/ action_controller/request.rb:35:in `request_method'     (etc)

I don't get that if I use the resource route (/attendees/new).

The easy solution is not to use named routes I guess, but I'd rather keep a few clean/sparse routes for embedding in emails. I'm assuming this is some conflict with rest routes and named routes...but that's just speculation.

Does anyone know why my named routes are using a propfind method instead of get? I know I can add this to the verbs that webrick (and mongrel) understand, but since this is unexpected behavior I'd rather fix it properly.

Joe

What this is is Frontpage drool. IE has a habit of trying to treat everything like a WebDAV server, which is why it's sending a PROPFIND request. There's a tutorial around someplace about routing unsupported methods to an error page - you may want to try that. Otherwise, it's pretty much harmless.

--Matt Jones

Thanks Matt, but in this case I'm actually using google chrome for my browser (I get the same error with firefox FWIW).