Eliminating .fieldWithErrors for labels

I would like to prevent Rails from wrapping my label tags inside the fieldWithErrors div.

I found a way to do it, but was hoping that there's a better solution.

Here's and example from a git diff that shows what I've done:

<% form_for(venue) do |f| %>

<p> - <%= f.label :name %><br /> - <%= f.text_field :name %> + <!-- TODO: Make the rest of the field look like this one --> + <div><%= label_tag "venue_name", "Name" %></div> + <div><%= f.text_field :name %></div>    </p>

This actually does work. Apparently f.label helper does the wrapping of the errors div, where label_tag does not. However, using label_tag doesn't know about the venue object scope so I have to specify that explicitly, as you can see above.

Also notice that I wrapped both the label and text fields inside their own divs as well. This was to prevent invalid HTML when Rails wraps the elements inside <div class="fieldWithName"> tags when there are errors on the form.

Is this the the best approach, or is there a better way to get f.label helper to stop wrapping the labels?

The reason I want this is because I like the standard scaffolding style of wrapping the fields with a red border, but this is also causing my labels to have an ugly red background.

I know I could just use normal text and not labels, but I also like the behavior of true HTML form labels.

Any suggestions would be welcome.