CSS issue with div fieldWithErrors

Hi,

What's the correct way of writing a form?

I do the following:

<%= form_for ... %> <p>   <%= f.label :whatever %>   <%= f.text_field :whatever %> </p> <%- end -%>

Then I do some CSS to have all the labels aligned, and all the input fields aligned. The problem happens when a field is not valid, Rails wraps it in this stupid div with class fieldWithErrors (and what the hell is that camelCaseCrap?), so it blows my design out.

Is there somewhere some easy CSS to circumvent that trouble? Nothing fancy, just a simple and clean form.

Ok I found a fix: put that in an initializer:

ActionView::Base.field_error_proc = Proc.new do |html_tag, instance|   "<span class=\"fieldWithErrors\">#{html_tag}</span>" end

If that's ruining your design, then your CSS has problems.

Nope. It is extremely common, to see forms created with <p> tags to separate each input. A div inside a <p> tag is not allowed by html standards, look for the internet, plenty people have this <div> problem.

But you are right with tables, they can greatly simplify css and avoid headaches, I already use tables for some of my layouts because they are 100% cross browser compatible.

How do you manage that? IE 5, 6 and 7 don't support the table element :P. If I had my choice, I'd use them too, but until IE 6 and 7 finally die... I can't do it!

Josh Infiesto wrote:

How do you manage that? IE 5, 6 and 7 don't support the table element :P.

Of course they do.

If I had my choice, I'd use them too, but until IE 6 and 7 finally die... I can't do it!

Nonsense.

On Oct 1, 5:48�am, Marnen Laibow-Koser <rails-mailing-l...@andreas-

Best,