diagnose problem

I've just spent the last 2 days setting up a new Rails website. very basic. It connects to a MySql database and displays the rows of a table.

I've got it to the point where if I connect to the site from my browser, it will display, but if i look at it through a friends computer OR use a cloaked/anonymous browser, it won't display.

I'm not sure what it is. Anyone? 1) So it might be something to do with my MySQL security? If so what? 2) Are there other security measures I don't know about that are connected to my ip. 3) I read references to Access Hosts. What are they? Are they my problem?

I'm new to all this online security. It makes things more difficult.

I'll take any theory!

Do you have it setup on your personal computer, or a webhost somewhere?

kopf1988 wrote:

Do you have it setup on your personal computer, or a webhost somewhere?

On Jan 20, 2:39 pm, John Twigg <rails-mailing-l...@andreas-s.net>

I have it setup on a webhost.

If I view the webhost remotely from my computer and my computer only, it views. But when viewed from someone else, it doesn't view.

This response confused me greatly.

I used to run mongrel when I was developing and my PC was the host, but now I've moved all the source onto the server and am executing it remotely. So why would I run Mongrel on the server?

I looked at the production.log and this is what it gives no help. It says everything was successful even when nothing appears onscreen.

Ryan Bigg wrote:

My apologies, I didn’t realise yuo were running it through something else.