Datetime Toolbocks v3.0.0 (was Datebocks Engine)

I am pleased to announce the latest version of the Datebocks Engine, now called the "Datetime Toolbocks" plugin. The reason for the name change is due to the very near future goal to master the world of time input in addition to date entry.

To cut the email short for those that simply want to see and skip the chit chat, visit:

http://datetime.toolbocks.com

Doesn't work on IE7???

The sample listed at http://datetime.toolbocks.com works for me and I have IE7.

I fixed some bugs :slight_smile: You are actually seeing v3.0.1 now.

Thanks for updating the thread, this one slipped through on me.

Nathaniel.

Actually v3.0.2 :slight_smile: Couple updates since.

-NSHB

Hi Nathaniel, could you provide an example of entering the datetime instead of date?

Thanks in advance,

-Conrad

Hi, I have a few questions:

1) Is it possible to make the calendar inline HTML?

2) Is it possible to popup the calendar when clicking into the dates text field?

3) What's the plan for adding time related features?

Thanks in advance,

-Conrad

Hey Conrad,

Hi, I have a few questions:

1) Is it possible to make the calendar inline HTML?

Yes, though I haven't tried it. It should be a default propery you pass through on the calendar options, which is the 4th param, second hash. Their website seems to be down atm, or I would grab the reference for you.

2) Is it possible to popup the calendar when clicking into the dates text field?

Not yet, nice idea though.

3) What's the plan for adding time related features?

I was hoping to get it out for v3, but Engines 1.2 and Rails 1.2 caused me to release it early. It's basically the next thing on my list. That's why I changed the name to datetime :wink:

Hi Nathaniel, thanks for gettinhg back to me. If you can send the location of the reference, it would be great.

Thanks in advance,

-Conrad

Is it possible to edit the date field by eliminating the date entirely without triggering an error message (e.g., "Invalid date string. Format: mm/dd/yyyy")?

Not yet. Although a "required" option sounds like a nice addition.

Nathaniel.