DateBocks 2.0.1 - Bugfix Edition

I’d like to echo this question. I really like using DateBocks, and have implemented in our organization’s website. Several co-workers, however, would like to see the default date format as MM - DD - YY. Is there any way to do this?

Thanks, Chris

Hey Chris,

I am to suppose you mean at GWU?

To you question, currently there are there options for the different formats

US = MM/DD/YYYY ISO = YYYY/MM/DD DE = MM.DD.YYYY

You can configure any one of these in the engine itself, by modifying the datebocks_engine.js file. I haven't yet implemented a way to override the setting on a per instance level quite yet, but just created a ticket to put some energy into this when I get a moment.

http://dev.toolbocks.com/tickets/34

-NSHB

It’s going to get messy anyway. Over here in Belgium, we use two formats: DD-MM-YYYY or DD/MM/YYYY.

Best regards

Peter De Berdt

Hey Peter,

Just for you, I did an unexpected release of DateBocks to v2.0.3

You can upgrade, and will find that there is now the functionality you requested for the new date formats.

To override them, simply add this block of code above the JS include tags for DateBocks.

<script type="text/javascript"> // Available date types // - iso // - de // - us // - dd/mm/yyyy // - dd-mm-yyyy // - mm/dd/yyyy // - mm.dd.yyyy // - yyyy-mm-dd     var configDateType = 'dd-mm-yyyy'; </script>

Enjoy!

-NSHB

Hi Nathaniel,

I'm running into the same issue here, has any light been shed on the mistery? datebocks works great on my local machine, but I get this undefined method datebocks_field error on dreamhost, though I've killed and started new fcgi processes several times. I've triple checked everything mentioned on this thread: I have both the engines and the datebocks_engine installed correctly, my environment config has Engines.start :datebocks, and both ApplicationController and ApplicationHelper include datebocks.

on my local machine I'm using Locomotive 2 (mongrel), and on production I have the standard apache/lighttpd/fcgi setup, with Rails 1.1.6

one thing I noticed on development was that sometimes I would get this same error when running the page using datebocks for the first time after starting the server, but from the first refresh on it would work fine. could this be related?

many thanks, by the way... datebocks is just what I needed after struggling with the rails date helpers!

- Oliver

anyone? sorry to be a pain, but this is a bit of a showstopper right now on a project I'm working on