Database.yml not being parsed correctly?

Hi,

I'm having a problem that's driving me crazy here. I have my database.yml file setup apparently correctly, like this:

development:   adapter: mysql   database: site_development   username: site   host: 127.0.0.1

Test and production are similar. So it seems to be correct. But whenever I run my application, I get this error:

#42000Access denied for user ''@'localhost' to database 'site_development'

It seems Rails is trying to use a blank username, even though my database.yml file says otherwise. Also, "rake migrate" complains about the same thing.

I found out that if I completely erase the "username: site" line, it WORKS, though I can't tell what username it would be using.

The databases are set on MySQL, I have the user 'site' and grants. I have no user with a null name or a blank string or whatever. I've checked this via the mysql.user table.

So, has anyone ever been through this? I've tried google and the irc channel, but with no luck.

Thanks in advance, Marcelo Alvim.

Hi,

I'm having a problem that's driving me crazy here. I have my database.yml file setup apparently correctly, like this:

development: adapter: mysql database: site_development username: site host: 127.0.0.1

Any chance you have tabs in there instead of spaces? Also, what happens if at the command line you type:

mysql -h 127.0.0.1 -u site -D site_development

Does it work?

I found out that if I completely erase the "username: site" line, it WORKS, though I can't tell what username it would be using.

It will use the username of hte process calling it. So in this case whomever is running your webrick/mongrel/fastcgi processes.

-philip