Can you suggest a fixtures replacement for a MongoDB-based Rails 3.1 project?

Hey guys,

I'm taking the plunge and building a new app on Rails 3.1 (asset pipelining ROCKS) and using MongoDB as the backend. Does anyone know of any good fixtures replacements that work with MongoDB and Rails 3.1? I could really use some advice there.

Also, a follow-up question: the two ODMs I've seen for MongoDB are Mongoid and MongoMapper. I'm hoping to keep as much ActiveRecord-like functionality as possible in my application, so which would be "closer" to AR? After looking at both briefly I'm thinking that would be MongoMapper, but as I said - I only had time to look *briefly* so far - I'd prefer hearing a more experienced opinion. Additionally, do they both perform roughly equally as well, or is one known for being more or less efficient than the other? Are there other ODMs I should consider using?

Thanks guys.

Hey guys,

I'm taking the plunge and building a new app on Rails 3.1 (asset pipelining ROCKS) and using MongoDB as the backend. Does anyone know of any good fixtures replacements that work with MongoDB and Rails 3.1? I could really use some advice there.

I've used factory girl with mongomapper quite happily

Fred

sorry, the gem is fabrication, not fabricator.

I am using Mongoid and factory girl works fine. Havent used mongomapper, but Mongoid seems to provide the flexibility of using active record type relationships, with ongoing active support and upgrades to the orm.

Regards

David Krett