Can deploying Rails in production be easier than this?

George Wang <gwang@...> writes:

However, LiteSpeed is engineered to be Apache interchangeable by using Apache's httpd.conf directly. We have users who just replaced Apache with LiteSpeed while managing hosting account in cPanel.

Wow. That sounds great. I'm definitely going to be checking this out more.
Sounds to me like an ideal VPS setup - get fast RoR and still keep your cPanel.

George Wang wrote:

Hi Justin Pease, > I'm definitely interested in trying your setup. Any estimate on > when your Capistrano integration guide will be online? > Maybe in next week. :slight_smile:

> Are there any issues running LiteSpeed along side Apache, > specifically 1.3. I would like to do the majority of my web > development in RoR - but I need to continue offering cPanel > to my customers which is only Apache1.3 compatible. > There should not be any problem to run LiteSpeed along side Apache. However, LiteSpeed is engineered to be Apache interchangeable by using Apache's httpd.conf directly. We have users who just replaced Apache with LiteSpeed while managing hosting account in cPanel. :slight_smile:

George, do you have any links to info about getting wordpress running with litespeed? I can't seem to post on your forums right now due to mail server being down. I would like to move completely off of apache which was serving one of the wordpress blogs till recently.

Thanks,

-A

sorry Off Topic. My apologies.

Amr Malik wrote:

George Wang wrote:

Fellow Rail users and developers,
8x.....snip...
Our new wiki for Rails Easy configuration:
We believe we have created the easiest way to deploy Rails in a
production level environment with a track-record for scalability and
reliability.
Best Regards,
George Wang

I believe you're absolutely right. :) After reading your post, it took
me about 30 minutes to get this whole thing installed and my rForum
install running on litespeed and all I did was just followed the wiki
link that was posted.
I am truly impressed. Now only if I could get that dang plugin to stop
raping my rForum's name-space I'd be a happy camper. Alas, not all
things are meant to deliver on their promises (unlike litespeed I
suppose)
Finally.. something which actually works as advertised! WHAT A CONCEPT!
kudos!
-A

Amr,

Thank you for your praise.

Once you get familiar with LiteSpeed and have the infrastructure ready, deploying a new Rails application should take about one minute, we believe. :slight_smile:

Have fun!

George

Hi,

Does anyone know if the "upload with progress bar" feature works with Litespeed and LSAPI without having to patch anything?

Thanks, Serge

Serge,

Unfortunately, LiteSpeed buffer the whole request before forwarding it to backend Rails dispatcher, so "upload progress bar" does not work with LiteSpeed. On the other hand, I think one upload session will tie up one valuable Rails dispatcher, if the upload takes long time, it will became a serious scalability issue. Number of users can be served is limited by number of backend Rails dispatchers.

Best Regards, George Wang

serge@sozonoff.com wrote: