Book released "Aptana RadRails: An IDE for Rails Development"

Hi,

Some months ago, a person from Packt Publishing posted a message in this list looking for potential Authors/Reviewers for new Ruby on Rails books. Now I'm proud to announce my book [1] "Aptana RadRails: An IDE for Rails Development".

If you are using [2] Aptana RadRails, or if you are looking for an IDE and you still haven't decided which one to use, you might be interested.

It's my first book, so of course there is a lot of room for improvement; but it can come in handy, specially if you don't have any previous experience with the Eclipse interface, which can be a bit intimidating at first.

If you want some background information or want to get in touch, you can visit my profile on [3] workingwithrails

Regards,

Javier Ramirez

[1] Search | Packt Subscription [2] http://aptana.com/rails [3] http://www.workingwithrails.com/person/5987-javier-ramirez

p.s. I don't pretend to start a flame war about IDEs here. I've been happily developing RoR projects for 2 years with RadRails, but whatever floats your boat is OK with me. In the end is just a matter of choosing and it's a good thing there are so many options available.

Cheers Javier... I've been learning on RadRails so i'm sure it will come in handy... Only problem I see is that sometimes it's a little slow and clunky, especially on startup... it is however a really useful tool, and makes things very easy in some respects, particularly in terms of how it organises projects...

Looks good. Anyway you can post a Table of Contents (or email one to me)?

Anything in that book about running AnyEdit within RadRails?

Looks good. Anyway you can post a Table of Contents (or email one to me)?    The publisher didn't provide a TOC at the book's site, so I just uploaded it to RadRails Book Table Of Contents « format internet:

Regards,

javier ramírez

Anything in that book about running AnyEdit within RadRails?    The book covers all of RadRails and the parts of both Eclipse and Aptana Studio you could use in a typical RoR project. There is a chapter about two of the most popular Eclipse plug-ins you might want to use with RadRails: Subclipse and DBViewer.

Unfortunately, I couldn't cover any possible plug-in in the book, so you will find nothing about AnyEdit in it.

Regards,

Javier Ramírez

javier ramirez wrote:

Looks good. Anyway you can post a Table of Contents (or email one to me)?    The publisher didn't provide a TOC at the book's site, so I just uploaded it to RadRails Book Table Of Contents « format internet:

Regards,

javier ramírez

Awesome, thanks! I'll buy...