aptana RadRails

Guys.. Have you used this IDE for RoR... Is it good to use for those who are starting for RoR.. I really want to learn RoR to learn new IT knowledge.. And I believe it would help me on my Web design and development project.. Just give me a tip if it's ok to use this IDE. Thanks. =)

I’ve used it before without a ton of success. It did offer some helpful features but was too much overhead for me to bother with. I am just a recreational Ruby user however, it might be different if you could devote 8 hours a day to perfecting your use of it.

I use TextMate

I have used it for about 18 months and am happy with it. I was (still am) a RoR newbie and the first book I picked up (RoR for Dummies) had tutorials bases on RadRails.

Guys.. Have you used this IDE for RoR... Is it good to use for those who are starting for RoR.. I really want to learn RoR to learn new IT knowledge.. And I believe it would help me on my Web design and development project.. Just give me a tip if it's ok to use this IDE.

I used to use Aptana for Rails, but I no longer do. I strongly believe that the nature of Rails does not lend itself at all well to an IDE, so you will be better off if you do not use one. Instead, I recommend a full-featured editor like jEdit or KomodoEdit. Lots of people use TextMate, but I've been trying to avoid paying €80 for a text editor.

Thanks. =)

Best,

Thank you so much for the responses guys… Have a nice one! =)

Roderick van Domburg wrote:

Renzo wrote:

Guys.. Have you used this IDE for RoR... Is it good to use for those who are starting for RoR.. I really want to learn RoR to learn new IT knowledge.. And I believe it would help me on my Web design and development project.. Just give me a tip if it's ok to use this IDE. Thanks. =)

I've given up on it a long time ago because of its bloat and I didn't get later versions to run on Ubuntu. First switched to NetBeans and now switched to RubyMine, which I certainly recommend.

-- Roderick van Domburg http://www.nedforce.com

Hi guys

i am also using the same ide for past three weeks

I need to know how to do testing unit, functional

i don't know how to pass values to database through testing any idea how to do

karthik.k

Hi,

I use the INTYPE in my Windows and I like very much! Is very fast, simple for any language and include Bundles like Textmate! See details: http://intype.info

Greetings from Brazil =) André Martins Geniart Tecnologia www.geniart.com.br