BackgrounDRb 1.0.3 is available now. This release contains several bug
fixes, cleanups, test case coverage and brand new documentation.
A brief ChangeLog:
2008-02-28 hemant kumar <hemant@shire>
* fixed some meory leaks.
* Implemented cleaner API for invoking tasks in workers
* Updated the documentation
2008-02-25 hemant kumar <hemant@shire>
* Commited Patch by Alex which lets BackgrounDRb to have command line
arguments and loading of specific environments
through command line argument.
2008-02-14 hemant kumar <hemant@shire>
* Added TestCases for Cron Triggers, Meta Workers and stuff. We are
heading towards proper code coverage with test/spec.
* Added preliminary support for starting a worker on demand through
scheduler. What it means is, when you have a worker which is getting
scheduled very less frequently and you don't want the worker to
persist, you can ask BackgrounDRb to restart the worker on each
* Fixed some unreported issues with writing data to socket between
workers and stuff.
* Fixed issues with too many open connections, because connections
were not getting closed. BackgrounDRb now opens only one connection,
reused throughout the lifecycle of rails application.
* Fixed all outstanding issues with Cron triggers, BackgrounDRb now
explicitly depends on "chronic" gem.
* Removed Framework directory and BackgrounDRb now explicitly depends
on packet gem.
We also did lot of work on documentation and new docs are available at:
* Dale cook for helping out with documentation.
* Alex for awesome patches.
* Ezra and Skaar for taking BackgrounDRb so far.
* Francis Cianfrocca for EventMachine and inspiration.