Autocomplete plugin with Rails 2.0

I installed the auto_complete plugin found at http://svn.rubyonrails.org/rails/plugins/auto_complete. When I type a character in the autocomplete field I get the following error:

Processing EventsController#auto_complete_for_event_location (for 127.0.0.1 at 2007-10-22 22:54:24) [POST] Session ID: BAh7BzoMY3NyZl9pZCIlMmE3MzI5MDU4NWVjNTRjMTk1ODBjMWRiYTgzNzIz%0AYWQiCmZsYXNoSUM6J0FjdGlvbkNvbnRyb2xsZXI6OkZsYXNoOjpGbGFzaEhh%0Ac2h7AAY6CkB1c2VkewA%3D–4397ccb385b2d851c2d39ad5e79fc587433843fc

Parameters: {“event”=>{“location”=>“m”}, “action”=>“auto_complete_for_event_location”, “controller”=>“admin/events”}

ActionController::InvalidAuthenticityToken (ActionController::InvalidAuthenticityToken):

/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.13.3.7707/lib/action_controller/request_forgery_protection.rb:73:in `verify_authenticity_token'
/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.13.3.7707/lib/action_controller/filters.rb:469:in `send'

/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.13.3.7707/lib/action_controller/filters.rb:469:in `call'
/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.13.3.7707/lib/action_controller/filters.rb:442:in `run'

/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.13.3.7707/lib/action_controller/filters.rb:713:in `run_before_filters'
/usr/local/lib/ruby/

I changed the routes to include the auto_complete_for_event_location as a collection.

map.namespace(:admin) do |admin| admin.resources :events, :collection => { :load => :get }, :collection => { :auto_complete_for_event_location => :get} end

The controller is protected by http authentication. Any ideas on why this is failing? TIA.

It's the crsf protection. You either need to get the autocomplete to include the token, or make it use a get request instead of a post.

Fred

Oh and of course you can turn of forgery protection for a controller/action with protect_from_forgery, eg protect_from_forgery :only => [:foo, :bar] (see http://ryandaigle.com/articles/2007/9/24/what-s-new-in-edge-rails-better-cross-site-request-forging-prevention)

Fred

How can you manually set the token generated by Rails?

This is because I want to use this security feature, but I want to craft my own forms, or I need to make some POST requests and I need to set the token manually in the client :S

Thanks in advance.

How can you manually set the token generated by Rails?

I don't think you can, but you can get its value The helpful snippet is this bit of code from the rails view helpers:

def token_tag    unless protect_against_forgery?     ''    else      tag(:input, :type => "hidden", :name =>
request_forgery_protection_token.to_s, :value =>
form_authenticity_token)    end end

Fred

Thanks for taking the time to help us :wink:

Bala Paranj wrote:

I installed the auto_complete plugin found at http://svn.rubyonrails.org/rails/plugins/auto_complete. When I type a character in the autocomplete field I get the following error:

Processing EventsController#auto_complete_for_event_location (for 127.0.0.1at 2007-10-22 22:54:24) [POST]   Session ID: BAh7BzoMY3NyZl9pZCIlMmE3MzI5MDU4NWVjNTRjMTk1ODBjMWRiYTgzNzIz%0AYWQiCmZsYXNoSUM6J0FjdGlvbkNvbnRyb2xsZXI6OkZsYXNoOjpGbGFzaEhh%0Ac2h7AAY6CkB1c2VkewA%3D--4397ccb385b2d851c2d39ad5e79fc587433843fc   Parameters: {"event"=>{"location"=>"m"}, "action"=>"auto_complete_for_event_location", "controller"=>"admin/events"}

ActionController::InvalidAuthenticityToken (ActionController::InvalidAuthenticityToken):     /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.13.3.7707/lib/action_controller/request_forgery_protection.rb:73:in `verify_authenticity_token'     /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.13.3.7707/lib/action_controller/filters.rb:469:in `send'     /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.13.3.7707/lib/action_controller/filters.rb:469:in `call'     /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.13.3.7707/lib/action_controller/filters.rb:442:in `run'     /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.13.3.7707/lib/action_controller/filters.rb:713:in `run_before_filters'     /usr/local/lib/ruby/

I changed the routes to include the auto_complete_for_event_location as a collection.

map.namespace(:admin) do |admin|     admin.resources :events,       :collection => { :load => :get },       :collection => { :auto_complete_for_event_location => :get}   end

The controller is protected by http authentication. Any ideas on why this is failing? TIA.

Hi!

Can you showme your "routes.rb"?

I have so many problems to configure my routes with namespaces. I have the following error: Parameters: {"action"=>"usuarios", "persona"=>{"nombre"=>"Gre"}, "id"=>"auto_complete_for_persona_nombre", "controller"=>"admin"}

When my controller is "admin/usuarios"

My routes are:

ActionController::Routing::Routes.draw do |map|   map.resources :telefonos   map.resources :direcciones   map.resources :usuarios   map.resources :perfiles   map.resources :personas

map.namespace(:admin) do |admin|     admin.resources :usuarios,       :collection => { :load => :get },       :collection => { :auto_complete_for_persona_nombre => :get}

admin.resources :personas,     admin.resources :perfiles   end

map.root :controller => "sesion"

map.connect ':controller/:action/:id'   map.connect ':controller/:action/:id.:format' end

Tanks Elad Roz

Attachment: auto_complete_macros_helper.rb (7,6 KB)

your attachment it s work perfectly