Auto_complete plugin trouble

Hi, I want to use auto completion (following screencast #102 Auto-Complete Association - RailsCasts), but something is not working. In Aptana RadRails I have installed auto_complete plugin. But then when I access list of my categories by http://127.0.0.1:3000/categories.js, the following error message appears:

undefined method `auto_complete_result' for #<ActionView::Base: 0x560b4a4>

When I try to access my form, then I see the following message:

undefined method `text_field_with_auto_complete' for #<ActionView::Base:0x7896eec>

It seems to be a quite common problem, but I haven't found a solution yet. I am using Rails 2.3.2.

Could you help me?

Thanks, Amar. I guess jquery plugin is better, however expect the same problem. I will try it as soon as I learn how to use it.

One should use RadRails carefully. That command I have used generated a new plugin skeleton instead of installing what I needed. The fanny thing, it was written in the console, but who reads it when there is a fancy GUI. Well, now I do :slight_smile:

Cheers

Andrei wrote:

One should use RadRails carefully. That command I have used generated a new plugin skeleton instead of installing what I needed. The fanny thing, it was written in the console, but who reads it when there is a fancy GUI. Well, now I do :slight_smile:

Yeah. IDEs work best when you understand what they're automating.

BTW, I recommend that you try developing without an IDE -- just use a good editor (I like KomodoEdit) and a bunch of terminal windows. Rails isn't J2EE, and doesn't seem to really benefit from using an IDE.

Cheers

Best,