Assert_select with count 0

Hello, all. This is short and simple. I have this statement in a functional test:

assert_select 'input' do       assert_select "[name=?]", {:count => 0,:text =>/areas\[1\]/}     end This assertion gives me the following:

1) Failure: test_areas(SampleControllerTest)     [c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.13.3/lib/action_controller/asse rtions/selector_assertions.rb:281:in `assert_select'      test/functional/sample_controller_test.rb:315:in `test_areas'      c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.13.3/lib/action_controller/asse rtions/selector_assertions.rb:294:in `assert_select'      test/functional/sample_controller_test.rb:312:in `test_areas']: Expected at least 1 elements, found 0. <false> is not true.

Since I've explicitly used :count => 0, I can't for the life of me figure out why it's expecting at least 1 element. I'm certain that this is the source of the failure, and not something else in the test, because I have achieved success by commenting only the line with assert_select "[name=?]", {:count => 0,:text =>/areas\[1\]/}.

Thanks in advance for your time.