ArgumentError: wrong number of arguments

Dear all,

I'm trying to build SimpleTicket - the latest build of which is available at simpleticket.net - This website is for sale! - simpleticket Resources and Information.. During the rake migrate, I encounter what appear to be errors when connecting to the MySQL database (although the call to the MySQL database isn't happening yet as an ArgumentError occurs before this).

The INSTALL file states that Rails 1.1.6 is required. Here's the versions of what I have installed on Ubuntu 7.10:

# ruby -v ruby 1.8.6 (2007-06-07 patchlevel 36) [i486-linux]

# rake --version rake, version 0.8.1

# gem -v 0.9.5

My local gems are:

# gem li

*** LOCAL GEMS ***

actionmailer (1.2.5) actionpack (1.12.5) actionwebservice (1.1.6) activerecord (1.14.4) activesupport (1.3.1) builder (2.1.2) feedtools (0.2.28) rails (1.1.6) rake (0.8.1) uuidtools (1.0.3)

When I try to run 'rake migrate', the following error message occurs:

# rake migrate (in /var/simpleticket) /var/simpleticket/config/boot.rb:28:Warning: require_gem is obsolete. Use gem instead. rake aborted! wrong number of arguments (1 for 0)

The full trace is attached to this email.

Aside from this, webrick is listening on port 3000 and I get the nice login screen of SimpleTicket (but can't log in due to the apparent MySQL problems).

Any help would be most appreciated.

Regards,

Patrick

Attachments: http://www.ruby-forum.com/attachment/1408/rake_migrate_errors.txt

Patrick Rynhart wrote:

# rake migrate (in /var/simpleticket) /var/simpleticket/config/boot.rb:28:Warning: require_gem is obsolete. Use gem instead. rake aborted! wrong number of arguments (1 for 0)

Their code is outdated. Go into boot.rb and any other files with the same error and change 'require_gem' to 'gem'. (or run rake rails:update:configs)

Once you fix that problem, there will be plenty more. :slight_smile: You might want to give Mystic a try. It's another decent ticketing program.

Here are some rake commands you might want to consider for your quest:

rake rails:freeze:edge     Lock to latest Edge Rails or a specific revision with REVISION=X (ex: REVISION=4021) or a tag with TAG=Y (ex: TAG=rel_1-1-0)

rake rails:freeze:gems     Lock this application to the current gems (by unpacking them into vendor/rails)

rake rails:unfreeze     Unlock this application from freeze of gems or edge and return to a fluid use of system gems

rake rails:update     Update both configs, scripts and public/javascripts from Rails

***rake rails:update:configs     Update config/boot.rb from your current rails install

rake rails:update:javascripts     Update your javascripts from your current rails install

rake rails:update:scripts     Add new scripts to the application script/ directory

Hi Patrick,

That's due the incompatibility with rails 1.1.6 and ruby 1.8.6. Please read my post on this issue for the work around.

regards Daniel

Daniel Goh wrote:

Hi Patrick,

That's due the incompatibility with rails 1.1.6 and ruby 1.8.6. Please read my post on this issue for the work around.

regards Daniel

Sorry I forgot to provide the link.

http://www.railized.com/2008/2/17/wrong-argument-error-when-running-rails-1-1-6-with-ruby-1-8-6

Thanks for this Daniel - it is most appreciated.

Regards,

Patrick