older rails apps fail after gem update

i just upgraded gems to 0.9.2

after restarting the server, all of the previous apps break. checking the logs reveals this for every actions:

ArgumentError (wrong number of arguments (1 for 0)):     /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-1.14.2/lib/ active_record/vendor/mysql.rb:551:in `initialize'     /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-1.14.2/lib/ active_record/vendor/mysql.rb:551:in `new'     /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-1.14.2/lib/ active_record/vendor/mysql.rb:551:in `scramble41'     /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-1.14.2/lib/ active_record/vendor/mysql.rb:141:in `real_connect'     /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-1.14.2/lib/ active_record/connection_adapters/mysql_adapter.rb:331:in `connect'     /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-1.14.2/lib/ active_record/connection_adapters/mysql_adapter.rb:88:in `initialize'     /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-1.14.2/lib/ active_record/connection_adapters/mysql_adapter.rb:37:in `new'     /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-1.14.2/lib/ active_record/connection_adapters/mysql_adapter.rb:37:in `mysql_connection'     /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-1.14.2/lib/ active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_specification.rb: 251:in `send'     /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-1.14.2/lib/ active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_specification.rb: 251:in `connection_without_query_cache='     /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-1.14.2/lib/ active_record/query_cache.rb:54:in `connection='     /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-1.14.2/lib/ active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_specification.rb: 220:in `retrieve_connection'     /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-1.14.2/lib/ active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_specification.rb: 78:in `connection'     /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-1.14.2/lib/ active_record/base.rb:1046:in `add_limit!'     /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-1.14.2/lib/ active_record/base.rb:1017:in `construct_finder_sql'     /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-1.14.2/lib/ active_record/base.rb:924:in `find_every'     /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-1.14.2/lib/ active_record/base.rb:918:in `find_initial'     /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-1.14.2/lib/ active_record/base.rb:380:in `find'     /app/controllers/pages_controller.rb:4:in `index'     /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.12.1/lib/ action_controller/base.rb:910:in `send'     /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.12.1/lib/ action_controller/base.rb:910:in `perform_action_without_filters'     /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.12.1/lib/ action_controller/filters.rb:368:in `perform_action_without_benchmark'     /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.12.1/lib/ action_controller/benchmarking.rb:69:in `perform_action_without_rescue'     /usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/benchmark.rb:293:in `measure'     /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.12.1/lib/ action_controller/benchmarking.rb:69:in `perform_action_without_rescue'     /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.12.1/lib/ action_controller/rescue.rb:82:in `perform_action'     /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.12.1/lib/ action_controller/base.rb:381:in `send'     /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.12.1/lib/ action_controller/base.rb:381:in `process_without_filters'     /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.12.1/lib/ action_controller/filters.rb:377:in `process_without_session_management_support'     /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.12.1/lib/ action_controller/session_management.rb:117:in `process'     /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-1.1.2/lib/dispatcher.rb: 38:in `dispatch'     dispatch.cgi:10

any ideas? i'm having a panic attack right now trying to figure out what's going on so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi --

In fact I'm virtually sure of it -- the line # difference can be explained by different AR versions.

David

Thanks for the reply david.

Unfortunately i am still having problems. my host did update ruby to 1.8.6 last night, right now, i just want to get my older apps back up. should i ask him to rollback the ruby version?

Hi --

did something change with the routing in the new version of rails?

after freezing rails to the app, nothing works that isn't on the first page.