Aptana IDE

"Ubuntu 6.1"

You mean Ubuntu 6.10? :slight_smile:

"Komodo IDE has some auto-complete, but not very helpful. And you must pay for Komodo. "

Have you tried the latest netbeans 6 beta? It's shaping up to be the best ror editor around.

Have you tried the latest netbeans 6 beta? It's shaping up to be the best ror editor around.

...and the slowest, most bloated IMHO, not to mention it displays the rails-convention dir structure (app/models, app/controllers etc) in its own way... not very rails-y.

ever tried this one? http://deadlock.netbeans.org/hudson/job/ruby/

it's just an ruby IDE based on netbeans. nothing bloated. and not slow. used Aptana/RadRails for a long time. but i think NetBeans Ruby IDE is the best one at the moment.

Have you tried the latest netbeans 6 beta? It’s shaping up to be the best ror editor around. …and the slowest, most bloated IMHO, not to mention it displays the rails-convention dir structure (app/models, app/controllers etc) in

its own way… not very rails-y.

You can toggle between the traditional folder hierarchy and the netbeans project mode pretty easily. Just switch to file view.

I agree - the project view should die. I took the liberty of including your mail in my bug report: http://scripting.netbeans.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=108203

You can just click on the files pane right next to the project pane.

FYI, NetBeans people (tor and mkrauskopf) have been responding to bug reports very quickly. It’s a good sign.

• James Moore

I actually like the project view. Not that I don't want a file view
as well, but 90% of the time I really don't need to see the 'tmp'
dir, the coverage dir, the README file, the Rakefile, etc. I pretty
much need db, lib, public, test, and the subdirs of app. A view that
makes me look at the rest of the app dir on a regular basis is just
wasting space. I use TextMate, so I just handle this with a project
file that only references the bits I care about, which winds up
looking a lot like the project view.

-faisal