ajax_scaffold demo

Shauna wrote:

I've been working my way through installing AjaxScaffold 3.1.0 and getting the associations_demo working. I've been correcting my various misinterpretations (and outright guesses sometimes) to get thing working but this one has me stumped. The forms all come up fine, but whenever I click on a Create, Update, Edit, Delete, or even a Cancel link, the little "working" animated ring comes up and never goes away. The action is not performed and no error message appears, only the ring keeps moving.

Does this scenario ring a bell for anyone who's used (or created - hint, hint to Richard White) this demo? I'm new to Ruby and Rails, and I haven't learned yet how to set a breakpoint and step through my code. Can anyone point me to the right areas to look and maybe give a quick simple instruction on how to set a breakpoint there and step through? I am not coming from a Java or PHP background; I'm a desktop database application developer who wants to create a web-based version of an application.

I messed something up between pet and pets and have been making little corrections all along. Maybe that's a clue? By the way, it would be helpful for newbies to this demo to have the setup instructions from beginning to end in one place, including the expected table structure. This is such an amazing demo that does a big piece of what I need Rails/Ajax to do.

Thanks, Shauna

-- Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.

I've encountered this only when the server was not runing.

do a ps -x | grep server

you should see a line containing "ruby script/server"