ActionWebService and Rails 2.0 RC2

Hi

We've been having major stability problems running AWS on Rails 2.0 under production mode. It seems to throw random 404 errors after a few requests, even on a simple test service. In addition to this we've also found that direct dispatching no longer works. We did manage to get the web service scaffold working by copying the template files from AWS into the views directory as though you were overriding the standard view. However, due to the production mode errors we've switched back to 1.2.x for the time being.

If you'd like further details on the problems we experienced I made a post a few days ago titled something like ActionWebService with Edge Rails/Rails 2.0.

It would be really nice if someone on the core team familiar with AWS could take a look at Rails 2 compatibility.

Anyway, I'd be interested in hearing if anyone else is experiencing similar issues.

Regards, Elliot

Using Rails 2.0.1, got AWS to work following your instructions without the 'require' at the end of the enviro.rb

Also, scaffolding using default templates requires the following line to be patched:

actionwebservice/lib/action_web_service/scaffolding.rb line 114 content = @template.render :file => default_template

TO

content = @template.render({:file => default_template, :use_full_path => false})

Hope this helps

is this possible yet to use aws without code freezing ?

is this possible yet to use aws without code freezing ?

Don't know what you mean by freezing, but I use AWS with rails 2.0
with no problems. I wrote up what I did at 钛刻专家——官网

Fred

Hi, The same what You meant by writing : "(we have all of the rails gems frozen there)."

Freezing causes a problem with rcov to me (can't load plugin - no such file to load -- rcov/rcovtask) so I'm looking now for method to also freeze third party gems and hope to see it working.

If I didn't need to freeze for using AWS I wouldn't have this problem with rcov.

Marek

Hi, The same what You meant by writing : "(we have all of the rails gems frozen there)."

Freezing causes a problem with rcov to me (can't load plugin - no such file to load -- rcov/rcovtask) so I'm looking now for method to also freeze third party gems and hope to see it working.

If I didn't need to freeze for using AWS I wouldn't have this problem with rcov.

Sounds like a problem with rcov to me. Regardless, I don't thing
anything I've done depends on having AWS installed in vendor. Having
got the source, you can easily build the gem yourself (the Rakefile
will do that, although it looks like you'll need to change the version
of actionpack/activerecord it depends on).

Fred

thanks for help, I managed without freezing , by just adding path to environement

BTW, do You know any good tutorial on how to build from plugin source?

thanks for help, I managed without freezing , by just adding path to environement

BTW, do You know any good tutorial on how to build from plugin source?

build what from plugin source (what plugin, what source?) ?

Fred

Sorry, I meant bulding gem from plugin, as You suggested :

Having got the source, you can easily build the gem yourself

One another question about AWS Does 'web_service_scaffold :invocation ' works for You ? Im getting error :

ActionView::ActionViewError in BackendController#invocation Couldn't find template file for ...vendor/gems/actionwebservice/lib/ action_web_service/templates/scaffolds/methods.erb in ["/app/views"]

Sorry, I meant bulding gem from plugin, as You suggested :

Having got the source, you can easily build the gem yourself

One another question about AWS Does 'web_service_scaffold :invocation ' works for You ? Im getting error :

ActionView::ActionViewError in BackendController#invocation Couldn't find template file for ...vendor/gems/actionwebservice/lib/ action_web_service/templates/scaffolds/methods.erb in ["/app/views"]

I don't use that, but i read the following here back in december:

Frederick Cheung wrote: