Action Web Service Rails 2.3.2

Hey Everyone,

I've been forced to handle php for the last year and am returning to rails just now but i am stuck on simple web services. I think AWS has been removed from rails 2.3.2. Then, how do you develop a webservice? I have searched about, including this list and founding nothing coherent by way of explanation.

At wits end here, the whole thing is very un-rails like.

j

Hey Everyone,

I've been forced to handle php for the last year and am returning to rails just now but i am stuck on simple web services. I think AWS has been removed from rails 2.3.2. Then, how do you develop a webservice? I have searched about, including this list and founding nothing coherent by way of explanation.

It was removed in rails 2.0. It is still possible to coax the version of actionwebservice that was removed to work with the current versions of rails, there is also a fork of actionwebservice on github which has this all done for you. The feeling I get though is that the vast majority of people are just using/providing restful style interfaces. At least in the rails world SOAP and that sort of things are not heavily used

Fred

I see. My problem is I have non activerecord ruby models that I need to pass using restful webservice, so you ahve any idea how I go about that?