ActionMailer template gets nil param from non-nil deliver_

Rails 1.2.6 ruby 1.8.6 (2008-03-03 patchlevel 114) [universal-darwin9.0]

=Summary:

I pass a non-nil parameter to an ActionMailer class's deliver_* method. The corresponding * instance method for the ActionMailer gets a nil instead. Disaster ensues.

Will someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

=Details:

I have an ActionMailer::Base class with the following template method:

def request(req)      # Control reaches here. req is logged as nil:      logger.info "in MyMailer#request, request = #{req.inspect}"

# Exception in the following, owing to the nil:     subject "Request for authsmtp exception (#{req.permit_ip})"     # etc.   end

This is invoked through this method in my ActionController::Base class:

def create     @permission = Permission.new(params[:permission])     if @permission.save        # @permission is non-nil, and as expected, in the following log:        logger.info "In PermissionsController#create, @permission = #{@permission.inspect}"        MyMailer.deliver_request(@permisssion) # Mail the request to approvers.       # etc.     end   end

As noted in the comments, @permission is non-nil when passed to deliver_request(). In request(), the corresponding parameter, req, is nil. I am stymied.

I have searched the archives, and nothing obvious presents itself. Will someone please help me get started again?

(This is my first post through this forum software. I am hoping it doesn't destroy linebreaks or indentation. If they do get clobbered, I apologize, and would like to know how not to get them clobbered.)

— F

Fritz Anderson wrote:

Rails 1.2.6 ruby 1.8.6 (2008-03-03 patchlevel 114) [universal-darwin9.0]

=Summary:

I pass a non-nil parameter to an ActionMailer class's deliver_* method. The corresponding * instance method for the ActionMailer gets a nil instead. Disaster ensues.

Never mind. The cause was a typo in my own code, and my (apparently failing) eyes never managed to see it.

Thanks for the attention of whomever paid attention.

— F