ActionMailer Not Working After Small Change

Greetings,

Well though my crash-course on Rails, I've encountered a mystery that is driving my somewhat insane. Our previous web developer wrote a quick form on our site that allowed the user of the site to request a consultaion. The user simply fills in their name, email, phone number and a message, then submits the form. The form was working perfectly, but I wanted to change the subject line. So, I searched through all of my Rails files to determine where I would make that change. I found the appropriate file in "Models".

class Mailer < ActionMailer::Base

def consultation_request(details)     @subject = 'Request'     @body = {:details => details}     @recipients = 'boss@email.com'     @from = details[:email]   end end

In the process, I noticed that the message was currently being sent to my boss at 'boss@email.com'. For testing purposes, I changed his email to my email, 'my@email.com' and sent a test message. It worked great! Then, I tried to see if I could have multiple recipients by formatting as follows:

'my@email.com; my@otheremail.com'

It did not work. I didn't get any errors, but I didn't receive any email either. Obviously, my syntax was wrong, so I changed it back to just be 'my@email.com' and it still does not work. I can't even get the original configuration to work. Any ideas? Thank you soooo much for any help you can provide.

BTW, I tried to post this twice yesterday and it never showed up...any reason why this happened? Thanks...

In the process, I noticed that the message was currently being sent to my boss at 'boss@email.com'. For testing purposes, I changed his email to my email, 'my@email.com' and sent a test message. It worked great! Then, I tried to see if I could have multiple recipients by formatting as follows:

'my@email.com; my@otheremail.com'

actionmailer doesn't understand stuff like that. What will work is @recipients = ['foo@bar.com', 'bar@foo.com']

It did not work. I didn't get any errors, but I didn't receive any email either. Obviously, my syntax was wrong, so I changed it back to just be 'my@email.com' and it still does not work. I can't even get the original configuration to work. Any ideas? Thank you soooo much for any help you can provide.

It's easy in this sort of situation to make other changes you forget about. revert all changes (you are using source control aren't you :slight_smile: ) and if the world is sane you should be ok. In the specific case of email it's always worth checking mail server logs, spam folders etc...

Fred