ActionMailer Not Working After Changing Recipient Email Address

Greetings,

Well though my crash-course on Rails, I've encountered a mystery that is driving my somewhat insane. Our previous web developer wrote a quick form on our site that allowed the user of the site to request a consultaion. The user simply fills in their name, email, phone number and a message, then submits the form. The form was working perfectly, but I wanted to change the subject line. So, I searched through all of my Rails files to determine where I would make that change. I found the appropriate file in "Models".

class Mailer < ActionMailer::Base

def consultation_request(details)     @subject = 'Request'     @body = {:details => details}     @recipients = 'boss@email.com'     @from = details[:email]   end end

In the process, I noticed that the message was currently being sent to my boss at 'boss@email.com'. For testing purposes, I changed his email to my email, 'my@email.com' and sent a test message. It worked great! Then, I tried to see if I could have multiple recipients by formatting as follows:

'my@email.com; my@otheremail.com'

It did not work. I didn't get any errors, but I didn't receive any email either. Obviously, my syntax was wrong, so I changed it back to just be 'my@email.com' and it still does not work. I can't even get the original configuration to work. Any ideas? Thank you soooo much for any help you can provide.

Hello--

Greetings,

Well though my crash-course on Rails, I've encountered a mystery that is driving my somewhat insane. Our previous web developer wrote a quick form on our site that allowed the user of the site to request a consultaion. The user simply fills in their name, email, phone number and a message, then submits the form. The form was working perfectly, but I wanted to change the subject line. So, I searched through all of my Rails files to determine where I would make that change. I found the appropriate file in "Models".

class Mailer < ActionMailer::Base

def consultation_request(details)    @subject = 'Request'    @body = {:details => details}    @recipients = 'boss@email.com'    @from = details[:email] end end

In the process, I noticed that the message was currently being sent to my boss at 'boss@email.com'. For testing purposes, I changed his email to my email, 'my@email.com' and sent a test message. It worked great! Then, I tried to see if I could have multiple recipients by formatting as follows:

'my@email.com; my@otheremail.com'

It did not work. I didn't get any errors, but I didn't receive any email either. Obviously, my syntax was wrong, so I changed it back to just be 'my@email.com' and it still does not work. I can't even get the original configuration to work. Any ideas? Thank you soooo much for any help you can provide.

Recipients should be an array of strings. If you use a comma-separated list, that should work as well.

So,

recipients ['boss@email.com', 'me@mymail.com']

is probably best (note that recipients is actually a method and not an assignment to an instance variable). You could also do:

recipients 'boss@email.com, me@mymail.com'

on many systems.

HTH