Help with sending emails

I have a table of emails. And i need that Each user received email.

SO i made:

script/generate mailer Notifier

Next.

class Notifier < ActionMailer::Base   def newgrants_notification(respondent)      recipients user.email      from "lala@lala.com"      subject "Hi!"      body (:respondent => respondent)   end end

In app/views/notifier/newgrants_notification.erb wrote : Hello!

and this my controller where i create question

@question = Question.create(:text => params[:question][:text], :security => rand(888).to_i)

if success = @question.save   respondents = Respondent.find(:all)   respondents.each do |res|     Inquiry.create(:question_id=>@question.id.to_i, :respondent_id=>res.id.to_i)     Notifier.newgrants_notification(respondents).deliver #this is right??   end

what mistakes i did? messages aren't coming ;(

How have you configured actionmailer? The default is to use sendmail, but that will only work if you have a functioning sendmail install on the machine you are running on.

Fred

I have a table of emails. And i need that Each user received email.

SO i made:

script/generate mailer Notifier

Next.

class Notifier < ActionMailer::Base def newgrants_notification(respondent) recipients user.email from "lala@lala.com" subject "Hi!" body (:respondent => respondent) end end

In line 3 of this, you're using the local variable 'user', which doesn't exist, so it's probably throwing an error. (In fact, if you got an error, could you share it with us so that we can help better?) You probably want 'respondent' there instead.

Also, note that your method 'newgrants_notification' takes a *single* respondent as a parameter...

In app/views/notifier/newgrants_notification.erb wrote : Hello!

and this my controller where i create question

@question = Question.create(:text => params[:question][:text], :security => rand(888).to_i)

if success = @question.save respondents = Respondent.find(:all) respondents.each do |res| Inquiry.create(:question_id=>@question.id.to_i, :respondent_id=>res.id.to_i) Notifier.newgrants_notification(respondents).deliver #this is right?? end

...while in this code, you call 'newgrants_notification' with an *array* of users ('respondents'). You probably intended to pass a single respondent (in that block, 'res') to the method.

Chris