ActionMailer logging EHLO etc...

Hi, I am trying to work out why actionmailer isn't sending emails when i have deployed it to production. Unfortunately I do not have access to the production box and I can only see the production.log file. I have noticed that (on my local machine) when ActionMailer sends an email, the console window shows a load of output regarding what ActionMailer is doing e.g. <- "EHLO gr.ap.org\r\n" -> "250-mail.gr.ap.org\r\n" -> "250-PIPELINING\r\n" -> "250-SIZE 30000000\r\n" -> "250-ETRN\r\n" -> "250-AUTH PLAIN LOGIN\r\n" -> "250-AUTH=PLAIN LOGIN\r\n" -> "250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES\r\n" -> "250-8BITMIME\r\n" -> "250 DSN\r\n" <- "AUTH PLAIN AHRob21hc2hhcmUAQnVoZTNNVQ==\r\n" -> "235 2.0.0 Authentication successful\r\n"

However, this output does not appear in the development.log. I have the logging value (in the development.rb) set at :debug but this output only appears in the console window. If I can work out how to get this logging to get logged to the log file then I think I stand a chance of working out what is going wrong on the production box.

Any advice?