How can I tell what actionmailer is actually doing?

I believe I have my ActionMailer in environment.rb configured properly and have setup the proper classes. I am not receiving the e- mails I am sending. My configuration and classes are below.

What I would like to know is how can I log or determine exactly what is happening when I send e-mail.

I am not receiving any exceptions.

Thank you in advance. Rod

Controller Code

email = SystemMailer.create_sent("tome@gmail.com") SystemMailer.deliver(email)

Environment.rb settings

config.action_mailer.delivery_method = :smtp config.action_mailer.raise_delivery_errors = true ActionMailer::Base.server_settings = {   :address => "mail.mydomain.com",   :port => 25,   :domain => "mydomain.com",   :authentication => :login,   :username => "username",   :password => "password" }

My SystemMailer class is as follows

class SystemMailer < ActionMailer::Base

def sent(recipients)     subject 'SystemMailer#sent'     recipients recipients     from "tome@dashpoint.com"     sent_on Time.now     body :greeting => 'Hi,'

end end

I believe I have my ActionMailer in environment.rb configured properly and have setup the proper classes. I am not receiving the e- mails I am sending. My configuration and classes are below.

What I would like to know is how can I log or determine exactly what is happening when I send e-mail.

I am not receiving any exceptions.

Thank you in advance. Rod

Controller Code

email = SystemMailer.create_sent("t...@gmail.com") SystemMailer.deliver(email)

Environment.rb settings

config.action_mailer.delivery_method = :smtp config.action_mailer.raise_delivery_errors = true ActionMailer::Base.server_settings = { :address => "mail.mydomain.com", :port => 25, :domain => "mydomain.com", :authentication => :login, :username => "username", :password => "password"

}

I'm assuming that you kept the address and domain at what was instructed to hide the information.

I'd suggest to remove authentication, username, and password configurations.