A deployment newbie trouble getting capistno project deploye

I have a local project with I am versioning with a remote subversion resitory on which is on the same site as I am wanting to deploy my app. I have spent the last 3 hours trying to work this out, but I am lost

I think capsitrano is having trouble connecting to my repository, my deploy.rb is as follows

set :application, 'mackstarnet' set :repository, "svn://mackstar.net/mainrepo" set :svn_username, "******" set :svn_password, "*****"

set :deploy_to, "/var/www/railsdeploy" set :user, "deploy" default_run_options[:pty] = true

task :production do role :web, "www.mackstar.net" role :app, "www.mackstar.net" #role :db, "www.mackstar.net", :primary=>true end

cap deploy:cold * executing `deploy:cold' * executing `deploy:update' ** transaction: start * executing `deploy:update_code'

and here is when it looks like it starts going wonky!

Any help would be appreciatted

executing locally: "svn info svn://mackstar.net/mainrepo -rHEAD" svn: Server does not support retrieving information about the repository root *** [deploy:update_code] rolling back * executing "rm -rf /var/www/railsdeploy/releases/20081121122455; true" ** [deploy:update_code] exception while rolling back: Capistrano::NoMatchingServersError, `deploy:update_code' is only run for servers matching {:except=>{:no_release=>true}}, but no servers matched /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/capistrano-2.5.2/lib/capistrano/recipes/deploy/scm/subversion.rb:58:in `query_revision': tried to run `svn info svn://mackstar.net/mainrepo -rHEAD' and got unexpected result "" (RuntimeError)

Many thanks

Richard

Jeff Pritchard wrote:

I think your set :repository line is too short. It needs to reference the actual directory in the svn repo where your "app" and other rails files live. I'm thinking in your case that might be more like:

set :repository, "svn://mackstar.net/mainrepo/mackstar"

or maybe something like: set :repository, "svn://mackstar.net/mainrepo/mackstar/trunk/dev"

You will need to look at how your project is set up inside the svn repo to get it right.

Thanks Jeff, for your advice,

I think that you are right at the moment I have my app at the top level of the repo which I think is not right, I will need to create a trunk and put it in there. I think?

I will get on with that now and let you know how it goes...

Much appreciatted....

Thanks

Richard

Thanks again,

By adding the trunk to the SVN repo I was able to get it working!

Cheers

Richard