SVN & Capistrano

I have my svn repository set up locally and working properly. I followed the instructions for local SVN deployment w/ capistrano (Wolfmans Howlings for-local-svn-access). I am able to connect to my server, however, it doesn't put anything in the releases folder. Why is this?

Also, in deploy.rb I set the repository to: file:///User/myusername/svn/myapp/trunk - but what I don't understand is where the trunk folder is. I created it setting up my svn repository but the only folders that appear in my myapp folder are - conf,dav,db,hooks,locks. I guess I don't understand how all this works. It would be great if there was a tutorial for absolute beginners explaining every little step.

Hi Sean,

The files you mention are the db of svn - your development is stored in this db (but obviously not visible as files). To access your files, you need to check out a working copy, work on that, and then commit your changes so it is stored in the db again. I suggest you read the introduction on svn: http://svnbook.red-bean.com/ cheers,

Elise