YUI vs GWT vs ExtJS vs ????

I would like y'all's opinions on ease of implementation into Rails, quality and quantity of widgets etc between Yahoo User Interface and Google Web toolkit and ExtJS. I am just getting ready to invest a huge amount of effort into one of them and I would like to know what the community's experience has been with these toolsets. OR.. is there a better open source set of tools for grids and windows and treevews.

Thanks in advance

I like ExtJS but it has commercial license. YUI and GWT are closer to ExtJS, I am sure they use ExtJs in part of their applications. But I prefer to use FLEX 3 From Adobe, It's Free, Richer Internet Application than ExtJS and can be Integrated by Ruby on Rails. The weakness, FLEX is supported only by Flash 9.

ExtJs and FLEX are good choice to build Web Desktop or Web with RIA.

Reinhart http://teapoci.blogspot.com

Ruby Freak wrote:

I would like y'all's opinions on ease of implementation into Rails, quality and quantity of widgets etc between Yahoo User Interface and Google Web toolkit and ExtJS. I am just getting ready to invest a huge amount of effort into one of them and I would like to know what the community's experience has been with these toolsets. OR.. is there a better open source set of tools for grids and windows and treevews.

Thanks in advance

I found YUI to be confusing and difficult to use if you want to do anything beyond a very simple set of columns, etc. Also, I found that it DID NOT solve several of the IE6 positioning bugs that were one of the main reasons I intended to use it.

I wound up just using CSS and trial and error.

jp

I like ExtJS a lot. FWIW, they've also created a new project that supports GWT.