ym4r troubles

Hi,

I am trying to get the ym4r gem and plugin working, as I am trying to get a google maps application going. When I try to install it, nothing seems to happen. I have installed the gem, and get this output: Attempting local installation of 'ym4r' Local gem file not found: ym4r*.gem Attempting remote installation of 'ym4r' Successfully installed ym4r-0.5.2 Installing RDoc documentation for ym4r-0.5.2...

So that seems to work alright. However, when I try to install the plugin (using "ruby script/plugin install svn://rubyforge.org/var/svn/ym4r/Plugins/GM/trunk/ym4r_gm" from within my rails app main dir), I get no additional output or anything. I checked in the projects config dir for the gmaps_api_key.yml file, and it is not there. Trying a simple test to get a map loaded also gave me the error that GMap was unknown.

This seems like it should be a pretty straight forward install. Am I missing something, or has anybody else had similar issues?

Thanks,

Simon

The ym4r_gm plugin replaces the gem, I believe (see

Relation between the YM4R gem and the YM4R/GM plugin). Check that you've actually got a folder vendor/plugins/ym4r_gm -- if you have you've installed the plugin.

HTH. CT

Simon wrote:

The issue ended up being that I needed to have subversion installed to properly issue the "ruby script/plugin install svn://....." command. Once I went to the subversion site, downloaded and installed the newest version for my OS, the install worked flawlessly.

Simon

Hello Guys,

I would like to programme a modulare application. I don't want to unpack the scripts of my modules into different folders (app/controllers, app/modules, etc.). I would like to pack my modules in one folder and integrate it in my application.

An example could look like this:

news     controllers     helpers     modules     views

Is this possible in Ruby on Rails? How is it possible? Where should I configure such an application?

Kind regards, Lars