Wip Guides

Is there anything we can do about the Work in Progress Guides? Some of them have been WIP for a while. What are they missing? Is there a list somewhere?

Let me know if there is anything I can do.

Is there anything we can do about the Work in Progress Guides? Some of them have been WIP for a while. What are they missing? Is there a list somewhere?

Guides in WIP mode are stalled for some reason or other. Often because of Real Life™ reasons :). And the ones stalled are in general out of date. Since they are not finished/published guides they cannot be maintained.

It could be the case that WIP guides are removed from the index. At the beginning it had value to include them when there were just a few guides, and some of them were in progress. But nowadays they may lead to confusion.

Let me know if there is anything I can do.

If you’d like to take some of them over that’d be awesome!

For example, the guide for doing Ajax with Rails would be really useful if you’d like to work on that one. There’s a .textile source file in the repo, but I think it basically needs to be done from scratch.

Hey Adam, you would probably have better luck asking this on the rubyonrails-doc group.

I have some work that will need to be done on the getting started guide which I’ll be posting about as soon as I can. You mentioned earlier that the AJAX guide may need some work, and so you could do that too.

Ya man. Let’s get in contact and see what we can work out. I’d love to move some out of WIP.

Ya, AJAX needs to be done from scratch