Who can fix my query syntax?

Hi there,

is there somebody who could help me out with the correct query syntax?

The situation is the following:

MODELS:

Hi there,

is there somebody who could help me out with the correct query syntax?

The situation is the following:

MODELS:

user has_many :memberships

user has_many :groups,               :through => :memberships,               :source => :group

TABLES:

users: - id

memberships: - id - user_id - group_id - accepted (true/false)

groups: - id

=> What I need is the collection of groups ("@groups") for a user, but only if the "memberships" have "true" in the column "accepted".

I started with something like this (but don't know how to fix the conditions part):

@groups = @user.groups.find(:all, :conditions => { "the memberships must have 'true' in the 'accepted' column" })

Craig White wrote:

memberships:

I started with something like this (but don't know how to fix the conditions part):

@groups = @user.groups.find(:all, :conditions => { "the memberships must have 'true' in the 'accepted' column" })

---- @user = User.find($SomeIdNumber) @groups = Group.find(:all, :conditions => ["accepted IS TRUE AND user_id = ?", @user])

Craig

Hey Craig,

thanks for your answer! One question back though:

In your 'conditions' statement: doesn't "accepted" refer to the 'group' table? I'm asking because the tricky part in my case is: "accepted" refers to/exists only in the 'membership' table... (see above: the model is: user has_many :groups, :through => :memberships, :source => :group)

Tom

You can use the :conditions option:

has_many :accepted_groups, :through => :memberships, :source => :group,     :conditions => ['memberships.accepted =?', true]