Which plugin to use for (image) files

Hi.

I hope I don't start a religiuos war now.

I am looking for a plugin to handle files (images actually). Here is a list of features that I would like 1) I would like many images for a single model. (has_many) 2) I would like to store images in several resolutions (automatically) 3) I would like the images to be stored in DB.

I hage looked at attachment_fu and paperclip.

It seems like attachment_fu will do the work. It seems like paperclip cannot satisfy requirement (1) and (3).

Any comments?

Any other plugins that I should investigate?

Jarl

I am looking for a plugin to handle files (images actually). Here is a list of features that I would like 1) I would like many images for a single model. (has_many) 2) I would like to store images in several resolutions (automatically) 3) I would like the images to be stored in DB.

It seems like attachment_fu will do the work. It seems like paperclip cannot satisfy requirement (1) and (3).

Any comments?

I've used them both and like paperclip for image handling better. It handles #2 quite well. It can also handle #1. Just create an Image model that uses paperclip and then your other Model can "have_many :images".

I'd rethink the need to put the images in the database, but that's just me. I don't know how hard it would be to write a DB implementation for Paperclip... probably wouldn't be too bad as it's already setup with multiple backends...

-philip

Thanks for your comment Philip.

Philip Hallstrom <philip@pjkh.com> writes:

Any comments?

I've used them both and like paperclip for image handling better. It
handles #2 quite well. It can also handle #1. Just create an Image
model that uses paperclip and then your other Model can
"have_many :images".

I now also see that it can store in DB: http://patshaughnessy.net/2009/2/19/database-storage-for-paperclip

Do you have any hints on good tutorials and documentation for Paperclip.

Jarl