where is the ActiveResource docs and tutorials???

cd vendor/rails/activeresource rake doc open doc/index.html # or however you open urls from the command line

Remember, ARes is still beta and unreleased. If you use it, you may want to be familiar with the source for it. Don't worry it's pretty simple. We'd appreciate the feedback and any help pushing for a real release.

Here's another ARes tutorial BTW: http://weblog.techno-weenie.net/2006/12/12/taking-ares-out-for-a-test-drive

Rick Olson wrote:

cd vendor/rails/activeresource rake doc open doc/index.html # or however you open urls from the command line

Hmm, I did this and just got:

mkdir -p doc

and that's it... and there's no docs in the doc directory. Running it again just outputs the (in /my/path...) and still no docs.

b

ActiveResource isn't in 1.2.2. You will only have files in vendor/ rails if you are have Edge frozen.

bryanl wrote:

ActiveResource isn't in 1.2.2. You will only have files in vendor/ rails if you are have Edge frozen.

So, is checking out rails trunk different from running freeze edge?

Now, I actually checked out trunk into a directory to just poke around in the code... then decided to play with it, so I generated an app around it. Maybe this somehow makes the rails app generated afterward not savvy that there be a copy of trunk in vendor rails?

b