How to use ActiveResource with Rails version 1.2.3

Hello,

what is the easiest way to use ActiveResource with the current stable release of rails.

Is there a gem or a plugin?

Regards,

Armin

Hi Armin, it appears to be a plugin at this time. Thus, you can get it by doing the following within your rail's application root directory:

svn co http://dev.rubyonrails.org/svn/rails/trunk/activeresource vendor/rails/activeresource

Good luck,

-Conrad

Is the README file there currently the best way to learn how to use ActiveResource?

Jeff

Hi, it's there. However, I would highly recommend that you understand REST before moving onto ActiveResource. Please see the relevant chapter within AWDwRv2.

Good luck,

-Conrad

It's not a plugin. I think it requires the edge version of ActiveSupport too, so it might not work at all with Rails 1.2.3.

Hi, thanks Rick for posting a correction to my statement.

-Conrad

Hi,

thank you for your answers. I will try to switch to edge: -- edge for the client side with ActiveResource -- 1.2.3 for the server side.

I hope that will work, because switching the server to edge is currently not an option for me.

Armin

Hi Armin, you can switch to edge locally. Then just simply upload to the server because edge will be installed into your_rails_app/vendor/rails.

Good luck,

-Conrad