Where is the ActiveRecord Oracle Adapter with 2.1?

I posted this on talk, but got no response.

I tried this, which worked before:

sudo gem install activerecord-oracle-adapter --source http://gems.rubyonrails.org
--no-ri --no-rdoc

But all I get is:

ERROR: could not find activerecord-oracle-adapter locally or in a
repository

Did the Oracle Adapter move? It's not on rubyforge either.

Thanks,
Nate

Please try again, it's working now.

I was having the same problem. Then I added the --source option.
Now I'm getting:

ERROR: While executing gem ... (NoMethodError)
    undefined method `gems' for "\037\213\b":String

Any ideas?

* Try it on a different box
* delete ~/.gem
* upgrade RubyGems

In a different box:

rm -rf ~/.gem

gem --version

1.1.1

sudo gem install activerecord-oracle-adapter --source http://gems.rubyonrails.org

ERROR: could not find activerecord-oracle-adapter locally or in a repository

What gives?

Sandro

Run the prior commands as sudo. Root has a different ~/.gem.

Also, try gem list --remote --source <source> <gem name>, on some
different boxes, as non-root, after deleting ~/.gem

Hi Michael,

Could please move the ActiveRecord Oracle Adapter to rubyforge so it will be more easier for us to install it? “–source http://gems.rubyonrails.org” is not easy to type :slight_smile:

Yep, working on it.

Hi Michael,

I want to submit a patch/feature request for Oracle Rails Adapter.
Where can I do?

We can't creat tickets on http://dev.rubyonrails.org/ any more. And
the source of Oracle Rails Adapter is not moved to
http://rails.lighthouseapp.com.

Thanks.

- Jesse

In the short term, please email me the patch.

Hi Michael,

I want to report a bug:

The latest activerecord-oracle-adapter-1.0.0.9250.gem has a dependency problem: when launch the webrick server of a Rails 2.0 project with froze Rails 2.1, error ocurrs:

$ ruby script/server
=> Booting Mongrel (use ‘script/server webrick’ to force WEBrick)
=> Rails 2.1.0 application starting on http://0.0.0.0:3000
=> Call with -d to detach

=> Ctrl-C to shutdown server
** Starting Mongrel listening at 0.0.0.0:3000
** Starting Rails with development environment…
Exiting
c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems.rb:139:in `activate’: can’t activate activerecord (>= 1.15.5.7843), already activated activerecord-2.1.0] (Gem::Exception)

    from c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems.rb:155:in `activate'
    from c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems.rb:154:in `each'
    from c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems.rb:154:in `activate'

    from c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems.rb:49:in `gem'
    from d:/jesse/project/connect/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_specification.rb:226:in `establish_connection'

    from d:/jesse/project/connect/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_specification.rb:216:in `establish_connection'
    from d:/jesse/project/connect/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_specification.rb:209:in `establish_connection'

    from ./script/../config/../vendor/rails/railties/lib/initializer.rb:332:in `initialize_database'
     ... 30 levels...
    from d:/jesse/project/connect/vendor/rails/railties/lib/commands/server.rb:39

    from c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in `gem_original_require'
    from c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in `require'
    from script/server:3

It’s because activerecord-oracle-adapter-1.0.0.9250 depends on ActiveReocrd >= 1.15.5.7843. I removed this dependency line and it works for me now.

s.add_dependency(%q, [">= 1.15.5.7843"])

Thanks.