what is your suggestion ?

It seems to me that MySQL is the most popular choice. And the postgres driver works really well for me too. I have some issues when using others such as ruby-oci8.

Greg Donald wrote:

what is the best database adapter for rails frame work ?

It seems to me that MySQL is the most popular choice. And the postgres driver works really well for me too. I have some issues when using others such as ruby-oci8.

-- Greg Donald http://destiney.com/

actually i don't have much knowledge about Databases

why i am asking , rails 2.0.1 default support is mysql. and rails 2.0.2 default support is sqlite3.

when i was working with rails 2.0.2 in IDE (RadRails i am using) the default database is sqlite .so whatever i create new project it default setting with sqlite.... and i don't know how to specify database adapter name ( rails -d postgresql app) in IDE

if i directly change to postgresql(by opening database.yml) ,then it show error

after that i opened rails gem file and change the default database to postgresql then i am working now....

so i asked this .....

actually i don't have much knowledge about Databases

why i am asking , rails 2.0.1 default support is mysql. and rails 2.0.2 default support is sqlite3.

when i was working with rails 2.0.2 in IDE (RadRails i am using) the default database is sqlite .so whatever i create new project it default setting with sqlite.... and i don't know how to specify database adapter name ( rails -d postgresql app) in IDE

Did you contact the authors of your ide? Perhaps there is an undocumented way. There's always the command line.

if i directly change to postgresql(by opening database.yml) ,then it show error

What error? Do you have the postgresql driver installed?