I am Sheru & am completely new for this web framework. I am really
really enthusiastic to know the Ruby on Rails & possibly try to use
this framework near future.
But at the start up, I don't have idea on installing RoR on Windows
1. What is the sequential intalling components of RoR?
2. How easily could I get the RoR website hosting server?
Hope that I will get response.
Thank you all.
Hi Sheru ,
Install all of these in the same order :
1. Ruby (http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/downloads/)
2. Install Ruby Gems from (http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=126)
3. Download the gem "Rails" from rubyforge.org and install with the
command "gem install rails --include-dependencies"
4. Some times this doesn't completely install the rails framework for
which you will have to install the following gems in the same order.
Now go to "http://localhost:3000" , it should show you the rails home
page or else you have failed in your installation.
After installing successfully,u can go ahead with any ROR tutorials .
Try this link http://www.tutorialspoint.com/ruby-on-rails/index.htm for
some good tutorials.