Weird install problems

I am new to RoR, and I am just starting out, but I am having massive problems doing what should be a painless install. I am running a windows machine and I have ruby installed as well as gems.

When I try to do the command gem install rails I get

c:\Ruby19>gem install rails ERROR: While executing gem ... (Errno::ENOENT)     No such file or directory - P:/

I do not want it to install to a P:/ directory and I have no clue how to change its install path.

I have reinstalled both ruby and gems multiple times and I would greatly appreciate any advice you have for me.

Eric B. wrote:

I am new to RoR, and I am just starting out, but I am having massive problems doing what should be a painless install. I am running a windows machine and I have ruby installed as well as gems.

When I try to do the command gem install rails I get

c:\Ruby19>gem install rails ERROR: While executing gem ... (Errno::ENOENT)     No such file or directory - P:/

I do not want it to install to a P:/ directory and I have no clue how to change its install path.

I have reinstalled both ruby and gems multiple times and I would greatly appreciate any advice you have for me.

I have solved my problem. for those of you who want to know what the problem is that the HOMEDRIVE was set to P: to fix this if you type "set HOMEDRIVE=C:" in command prompt and then verify with an "echo HOMEDRIVE" and then run the install it should work.

Thanks if you were working on this.