Wamp doesn't work after installing with InstantRails

Hello. I installed ROR with InstantRails and it works fine. But later, when I tried to access to localhost via wamp, wamp didn't work. (I have previous projects sitting in 'C:\wamp\www' folder, and I used to access them via wamp's 'http://localhost/') Wamp server starts up on the tray bar as usual but it goes to offline immediately. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Thank you.

You obviously won't be able to run them both at the same time as they are both web servers. If you reboot and run wamp does it work?

Colin

Is this true given the fact that they both use Apache (which admittedly I did not mention)?

Colin

Colin Law wrote: >> Thank you.

> You obviously won't be able to run them both at the same time as they > are both web servers.

That's untrue, unless Windows is even more broken than I thought. I routinely have 4 Web servers running on separate ports on my Mac (Apache on 80, CUPS on 631, Webmin on 10000, and Webrick on 3000). They're independent and should not interfere with each other at all.

Although if both wamp and instantrails want to run separate instance of apache on port 80 then only one of them can succeed. Presumably either of them could be configured to listen on a different port.

Fred

Colin Law wrote: [...]

Is this true given the fact that they both use Apache (which admittedly I did not mention)?

Never having used InstantRails, I didn't realize that it used Apache. But as Fred said, if it's on a clear port, then it shouldn't interfere with another Apache instance.

Colin

Best,