Very weird rake message...

When I try and run rake db:migrate, I get this error:

rake aborted!
uninitialized constant CreateUsers
/Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.0.2/lib/active_support/
dependencies.rb:266:in `load_missing_constant'
/Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.0.2/lib/active_support/
dependencies.rb:453:in `const_missing'
/Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.0.2/lib/active_support/
dependencies.rb:465:in `const_missing'
/Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.0.2/lib/active_support/
inflector.rb:257:in `constantize'
/Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.0.2/lib/active_support/
core_ext/string/inflections.rb:148:in `constantize'
/Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.0.2/lib/active_record/
migration.rb:386:in `migration_class'
/Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.0.2/lib/active_record/
migration.rb:363:in `migration_classes'
/Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.0.2/lib/active_record/
connection_adapters/sqlite_adapter.rb:351:in `inject'
/Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.0.2/lib/active_record/
migration.rb:359:in `each'
/Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.0.2/lib/active_record/
migration.rb:359:in `inject'
/Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.0.2/lib/active_record/
migration.rb:359:in `migration_classes'
/Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.0.2/lib/active_record/
migration.rb:339:in `migrate'
/Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.0.2/lib/active_record/
migration.rb:307:in `up'
/Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.0.2/lib/active_record/
migration.rb:298:in `migrate'
/Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/rails-2.0.2/lib/tasks/databases.rake:85
/Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.1/lib/rake.rb:546:in `call'
/Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.1/lib/rake.rb:546:in `execute'
/Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.1/lib/rake.rb:541:in `each'
/Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.1/lib/rake.rb:541:in `execute'
/Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.1/lib/rake.rb:508:in
`invoke_with_call_chain'
/Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.1/lib/rake.rb:501:in
`synchronize'
/Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.1/lib/rake.rb:501:in
`invoke_with_call_chain'
/Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.1/lib/rake.rb:494:in `invoke'
/Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.1/lib/rake.rb:1931:in
`invoke_task'
/Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.1/lib/rake.rb:1909:in `top_level'
/Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.1/lib/rake.rb:1909:in `each'
/Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.1/lib/rake.rb:1909:in `top_level'
/Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.1/lib/rake.rb:1948:in
`standard_exception_handling'
/Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.1/lib/rake.rb:1903:in `top_level'
/Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.1/lib/rake.rb:1881:in `run'
/Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.1/lib/rake.rb:1948:in
`standard_exception_handling'
/Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.1/lib/rake.rb:1878:in `run'
/Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.1/bin/rake:31
/usr/bin/rake:19:in `load'
/usr/bin/rake:19

I have no idea what is going on. This happened after I renamed a model
but I changed all references and names.

Actually I missed one reference...fixed it. But now I'm getting this
error:

rake aborted!
No Rakefile found (looking for: rakefile, Rakefile, rakefile.rb,
Rakefile.rb)
/Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.1/lib/rake.rb:2143:in
`raw_load_rakefile'
/Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.1/lib/rake.rb:1897:in
`load_rakefile'
/Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.1/lib/rake.rb:1948:in
`standard_exception_handling'
/Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.1/lib/rake.rb:1896:in
`load_rakefile'
/Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.1/lib/rake.rb:1880:in `run'
/Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.1/lib/rake.rb:1948:in
`standard_exception_handling'
/Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.1/lib/rake.rb:1878:in `run'
/Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.1/bin/rake:31
/usr/bin/rake:19:in `load'
/usr/bin/rake:19

I'm staring at the Rakefile right now...don't know what could be
causing this.

*sigh* nevermind again, the issue isn't solved....still getting the
same error.

Mike C wrote:

When I try and run rake db:migrate, I get this error:

rake aborted!
uninitialized constant CreateUsers

If I had to guess, you had a migration named <datetime>_create_users.rb
which created a users table. You edited this migration to rename the
table, but you left the name of the migration file the same. The only
time I've seen this sort of error with migrations comes from having a
migration file named differently than the migration class.

Hope that helps.

Darrik Mazey

Nope, I made sure to change the migrations file name too.