Using SOAP webservices on rails

I have an existing restful rails application. I need to add a new API. This new API will be used by SOAP client to access the application. It will be really helpful if someone can guide me or point me to the useful links.

After googling for few days I do know we can use actionwebservice gem along with many other gem. If someone can give me more information on the soap routes in rails that will be awesome.

Thanks in advance Binesh

Hi!

I suggest you look at soap4r. Here you will find "Geting started guide": http://markthomas.org/2007/09/12/getting-started-with-soap4r/

- Oto

soap4r hasn't had a release since September 2007 (soap4r | RubyGems.org | your community gem host), so that might not be the best option.

If you don't need any fancy WS-standards then you could also simply create a controller for it and render the appropriate XML responses yourself.

Thanks Mark and Oto. Sorry had been busy working on something else. Mark I don't need any fancy web standards. Its just the 3rd party tool that will be accessing my application using SOAP services. Note: My application is already up and running using REST.

I did try using some actionwebservice gems like rubyjedi and datanoise. Thing is that when I create a new controller in my current app using soap. It gives me routes error. And i am not able to figure out next steps.

Thanks

No worries :slight_smile: