using replace_html and fade with rjs

I have run into a problem using replace_html and fade together to display an error message. The error message is displayed when a user enters the wrong username or password and then fades away. The problem is that if a user enters incorrectly again, the error is not displayed again. I need someway of resetting the html element so that I can replace it again. Here is the relevant code:

format.js do       render :update do |page|     page.form.reset 'login_form'     page.visual_effect(:fade, "login_error", :duration => 2)     page.replace_html 'login_error', "Username and password do not match."       end   end

any ideas?

I have run into a problem using replace_html and fade together to display an error message. The error message is displayed when a user enters the wrong username or password and then fades away. The problem is that if a user enters incorrectly again, the error is not displayed again. I need someway of resetting the html element so that I can replace it again. Here is the relevant code:

fading eventually marks the corresponding dom element as invisible.
You'll need to show it again (page.show etc...)

Fred