Using one model's attribute in another model's method

Quoting sacshu <sacshu@gmail.com>:

I'm slightly new at Rails, so any help would be appreciated!

I have two models that have no association with each other (but they would probably be many-to-many). One is called 'Course' and contains seed data of Golf Courses. The other is called 'Player' and contains user entered information. Ultimately, I want to show a table in my view that displays all the golf courses appropriate for the player, based upon some calculations I'm doing in my Player model. However, I need to utilize some of the attributes from the Course model in my calculations.

Right now, all my methods are in the Player model, so I'm doing something like this but am getting an 'undefined method 'Course' error. What am I missing?

Player.rb class Model < ActiveRecord::Base   attr_accessible :attr_1, :attr_2, ...etc

def handicap_differences     Course.handicap (This is what I'm using to call the Course handicap, but it's not working out) - player_handicap + some more math   end end

Course.handicap() is a class method. I.e., not specific to any course instance.

And you will have fewer problems if the class name matches the file name. E.g. in player.rb (all lower case).

class Player < ActiveRecord::Base ...

What is the class name in course.rb? Is it also Model? It should be Course.

Jeffrey