UPS Shipping Tools XML Integration

Hello! I'm relatively new to Rails and in over my head...

I'd like to integrate the XML UPS Shipping tools into an online cart so that a user can select a shipping method based on availability and price. I understand what UPS wants and what I should get back from them...but I'm failing at the most basic level. How can I do the following:

1) send UPS an XML Post request, 2) parse the XML that they send back, and 3) use their response in my next view template?

It seems like this should be so basic, but I've searched with no luck. Any help is greatly appreciated.

-Kyle

Well, I finally got it. I'm not sure that this is the best way, but here's what I did:

Kyle, This may be something that is along the lines of what you are looking for. It's a rubygem that handles both UPS and FedEx shipping rates.

http://shipping.rubyforge.org/

-Will

Thanks for the link. I had looked at the shipping gem, but it appears that it hasn't been maintained since 2005. I'm also not quite savvy enough to implement a gem like this by looking only at the source. Hopefully the solution I came up with will continue to work. I haven't looked at the FedEx tools yet, but UPS (technically speaking) won't allow a programmer to use their API and display a competitor's rates side by side.

-Kyle