upgarde from rails 2.3.5 to rails 2.3.8

Hi

I upgraded my rails application rails 2.3.8 from 2.3.5 like below

gem install rails -v=2.3.8

Now in environemnt.rb RAILS_GEM_VERSION changed to '2.3.8'. Now when I tried to a previous migration like

rake db:migrate VERSION=20100714122104

I got warning like DEPRECATION WARNING: Rake tasks in vendor/plugins/delayed_job/tasks, vendor/plugins/paperclip/tasks, vendor/plugins/seed-fu/tasks, vendor/plugins/simple_captcha/tasks, vendor/plugins/tabs_on_rails/tasks, and vendor/plugins/xss_terminate/tasks are deprecated. Use lib/tasks instead. (called from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-2.3.8/lib/tasks/rails.rb:10)

I would like to know why this message shown? Is it any problem? If it is, how to resolve it?

Thanks

2.3.8 attempts to give deprecation notices for things which will go away in Rails 3.0 & later. In this case it is saying that several of your plugins should place their rake tasks into the lib directory. While this won't cause any problems in your app, it is good to start resolving the warnings to be better prepared for future updates. You may also want to consider using the gem versions of those plugins if available as that will also eliminate the deprecation notices. Also with Bundler, the days of needing to vendor gems are for the most part gone. You can use Bundler with 2.3.8 (I am) & it can make things much easier for you in terms of dependency management.

Niels