Update collection_select

Hi there,

I'm storing serveral values in my database through collection_select. Saving the value works fine but getting the saved value by using the update-form and setting it as "default-selected" doesn't work.

I tried :selected and :include_black till now... but nothing works.

Can anyone help me?

Hi there,

I'm storing serveral values in my database through collection_select. Saving the value works fine but getting the saved value by using the update-form and setting it as "default-selected" doesn't work.

I tried :selected and :include_black till now... but nothing works.

A classic is the selected values being _if fields (ie integers) but the choices being strings (and of course no 1 != "1")

Fred

Hmmm ... I can't get this. I declared my choices as strings, but i don' know how to set a DEFAULT-STRING.. something like

<%= f.text_field :subject, :value => @ticket.subject%>

just for collection_selct.

Thx

Frederick Cheung wrote:

Hmmm ... I can't get this. I declared my choices as strings, but i don' know how to set a DEFAULT-STRING.. something like

<%= f.text_field :subject, :value => @ticket.subject%>

just for collection_selct.

not sure collection_select takes a similar option. Given that it reads the current value out of the associated model object you could just set it there.

Fred

I understand you as wanting to have a default selection. If that's correct then I would look into the options_for_select helper. It allows you to set a selected tag. Just make sure the selected object matches the type in your collection. Collection_select only selects the value if it was previously saved to the database.